Saturday, June 3, 2017

I love you too, Zindagi! :)

Hello there! :) 
Its been a while hasn't it , well I can imagine some of you yawning and rolling your eyes. Ok I think I will just cut to the chase. 
Now I wanna talk about something that made me move my lazy bum and actually take some time out to write. I have been meaning to write for a very long time (I know I know, cliche but you gotta bear with me. I really did) but never actually could force myself to do it. But today I just had to do it. 
Thing is, I saw a movie called "Dear Zindagi" today. For the uninitiated, it is a Bollywood romantic drama. No drama though as the genre suggests(well that wasn't a good one was it? Still working on my jokes sorry about that.) A class apart from the run of the mill films that come out these days. The funda is very simple. Love your life. Can it get any simpler? Well but in practice, is it actually as simple as it sounds? Absolutely not. But why is that? A Calvin and Hobbes strip comes to my mind which pretty much sums it up. 


Eureka! That comic strip ought to drive the point home. Before I go yapping about how beautiful the movie was, let me quickly summarize the plot. Nothing fancy, nothing out of the blue. The story revolves around a girl, Kaira in her 20s struggling to put the pieces of her life together. To her rescue comes a guy, Jug who becomes her confidant(also happens to be a therapist) and thus begins her journey of self discovery. Yes, it is that simple. Kaira, so beautifully portrayed by Alia, not only learns her lesson, but also teaches us a lesson for life. I can say with certainty that I am not the person I was 3 hours ago. Remember how as kids, we were asked to suppress our emotions. Do not throw tantrums, do not cry etc. This film says why it is not only ok to cry when you feel like, or yell when you are hurt, but it also says why it is the right thing to do.  
"Tum agar khulke ro nahi sakogi ... toh khulkar has kaise sakogi" (translated to - If you can't cry out loud, how can you laugh out loud) makes you think doesn't it. 

Some of the dialogues were so profound that it will be lingering in your mind days after you have watched the movie. One other thing I loved about the movie is that, it shatters so many stereotypes.  How many times have we hesitated to do things just because, hey what will others think. You know what, that really doesn't matter. The film deals with a lot other issues/problems us millennials face and the way they were handled deserves to be appreciated. All in all, this movie was one hell of a rollercoaster ride. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry and most important of all, it makes you feel good about yourself. If you haven't watched it yet, I highly recommend you do. As the dialogue goes, Ja Simran, jee le apni zindagi :P (no? ok I give up) 

P.S. :Thank you Dear Zindagi, you gave me something to write about and rekindled my passion for writing. :) 
Until we meet again! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like it?Let me know that you did.. Take some time and please post your comments! It would be a driving factor for me to write more. :)

I love you too, Zindagi! :)

Hello there! :)  Its been a while hasn't it , well I can imagine some of you yawning and rolling your eyes. Ok I think I will just cut...